VAWA Visas

U.S. immigration laws offer protection for individuals who have been a victim of domestic abuse. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs) to file for an immigrant visa without consent from or knowledge of their abuser. VAWA extends protection to men, women and children. Filing a petition under VAWA helps shield immigration benefits from the individuals’ abuser.

If you are somebody you know suffers from domestic abuse, the National Domestic Violence Hotline also provides additional services and resources for victims (800) 799-7233.

Please contact our office if you have questions on how to qualify for an immigrant visa under VAWA.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]