B-1 Visa

The B-1 visa is a popular visa because it allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. for up to 180 days for business related purposes. This visa allows foreign nationals access to a variety of business and economic ventures in the U.S.

B-1 visitors may engage in commercial transactions and to participate in scientific, academic or business meetings. However, the visa specifically forbids productive work or work that may be construed as gainful employment.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join a B-1 visitor in the U.S., in B-2 visitor status. Spouses and children are not permitted to work or attend school.

For questions about permissible activities in B-1 status, please contact our office.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]