TN Visa

The TN visa allows Canadians or Mexicans to enter the U.S. to engage in professional work on a temporary basis pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

The job offer must be made by a U.S. employer and be classified as a professional occupation as defined in the NAFTA Treaty. The foreign national must also possess the necessary education and/or training for that particular job classification.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join a TN worker in the U.S., in TD dependent status. Spouses and children are not permitted to work but they may attend school.

There are multiple methods of applying for a TN visa including at Pre-Flight Inspection, at a Border Crossing, or while already in the U.S. Canadian and Mexican nationals with any questions about this visa category should contact our office for more information.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]