E-1 Visa

U.S. immigration policy supports investors and foreign commerce in a variety of ways. The E-1 visa is one method for ensuring healthy commerce through international trade. The E-1 Visa is issued to individuals known as ‘treaty traders,’ defined as a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation. E-1 treaty traders enter the U.S. to carry on substantial trade and principal trade between the U.S. and their home country.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join an E-1 worker in the U.S., in E dependent status. Spouses may seek work authorization from USCIS upon entry in E dependent status by applying for an employment authorization document. Spouses and children may also attend school.

Employees of treaty companies may also qualify for an E-1 visa. Please contact our office for more information about qualifying treaty countries and/or how to qualify for an E-1 visa.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]