H-1B Visa

Foreign nationals interested in pursuing temporary work in a specialty occupation in the U.S. may apply for an H-1B visa. The H-1B visa is quite popular as it is a logical first step toward permanent immigration in the U.S.

To qualify for H-1B classification, the foreign national must possess a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. university or an equivalent and be sponsored by a U.S. employer. The job must qualify as a specialty occupation, such as an accountant, architect, engineer, etc.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join the H-1B worker, in H-4 dependents status. However, they cannot work unless they independently qualify for a work visa. Spouses and children are permitted to attend school while in H-4 status.

The laws regarding the H-1B visas change rapidly from year to year. Our office provides up to date developments on changes in federal regulations affecting the H-1B visa category. Please feel free to contact us for current updates.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]