M-1 Visa

The M-1 visa offers a great opportunity for foreign nationals to gain new and strengthen existing technical, non-academic skills. The M-1 visa is offered to students who wish to pursue full-time study at a USCIS approved vocational or non-academic school in the U.S. M-1 visa vocational programs are meant to provide international students educational and vocational skills that will benefit them upon return to their home country.

M-1 students may also obtain work authorization in the U.S. after they have completed their vocational program(s). Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 may accompany or join the M-1 student to the U.S. in M-2 dependent status. However, spouses and children are not permitted to work. Children are permitted to attend school (kindergarten to 12th grade). Spouses may take recreational and avocational courses but not full-course studies.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]