P-1 Visa

The P-1 visa permits entertainers and athletes to enter the U.S. on a temporary basis to perform and/or compete. Athletes who have an outstanding record of achievement may apply for a P-1A visa either individually, or as part of an internationally recognized athletic team, in order to compete in the U.S.

Meanwhile, entertainment groups with an outstanding international reputation must apply as a group for P-1B visa since individual P-1B visas are not issued. Entertainment groups must also demonstrate that at least 75% of its members have had a substantial and sustained participation in the group for at least one year.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join a P-1 worker in the U.S., in P-4 dependent status. Spouses and children are not permitted to work but they may attend school. Accompanying domestic workers (maids or nannies) may also be eligible for a B-1 visa with work authorization from USCIS.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]