H-3 Visa

The H-3 visa allows foreign nationals to receive training in the U.S. in almost any discipline that is not currently available in their native country. However, this training excludes graduate and medical training, which is reserved under the J-1 visa category.

Foreign nationals may also enter in H-3 status to benefit from special education training that helps children with disabilities (physical, emotional or mental).

Training in the H-3 category should be structured and provide foreign nationals with the skills to succeed in that discipline once training is completed.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join the H-3 worker, in H-4 dependent status. However, they cannot work unless they independently qualify for a work visa. Spouses and children are permitted to attend school while in H-4 status.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]