R-1 Visa

R-1 visas allow clergy and religious workers to enter the U.S. to further their religion mission(s). A religious vocation is defined as a calling to religious life, shown by a demonstration of a lifelong commitment such as taking vows. Liturgical workers, religious instructors or cantors, catechists, workers in religious hospitals, missionaries, religious translators, religious broadcasters, ministers, nuns, monks, and religious brothers and sisters are all examples of religious workers.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join an R-1 religious worker in the U.S., in R-2 dependent status. Spouses and children are not permitted to work but they may attend school.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]