H-2A Visa

The H-2A visa allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. for up to a year to perform agricultural labor or services that are temporary or seasonal where there is a shortage of U.S. workers. This visa is reserved for foreign nationals from certain countries. Part of the requirements of the H-2A visa requires a U.S. employer submit a temporary labor certification to the Department of Labor demonstrating a shortage of U.S. workers.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 are allowed to accompany or join the H-2A worker, in H-4 dependent status. However, they cannot work unless they independently qualify for a work visa. Spouses and children are permitted to attend school while in H-4 status.

Your Local Immigration Lawyer for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and the World.

Contact Us for Assistance

[contact-form-7 id=”432″ title=”Contact form 1_copy”]